Engaging with members online is a key aspect of maintaining membership levels for any membership organisation. People’s priorities and reasons for joining evolve and membership organisations need to evolve their business model to reflect this.
Having been involved in IoD Yorkshire for the past 5 years as a branch chairman (YDF Chair and then IoD West Yorkshire Branch Chairman), I decided to create and lead a group of IoD members who were interested in setting up an IoD Yorkshire campaign.
The objective of the campaign was to:
- Increase awareness of the IoD online within the business community
- Engage with key partners in the region
- Increase engagement with members online
- Promote events online to a wider audience
- Have at the ability to be able to promote events with a shorter lead time