A blog (short for “weblog”) is an online journal that is updated on a regular basis, structured in reverse chronological order so that the most recent information is listed first. It typically has a strong personal perspective with thoughts, opinions or news, and links to other websites.
Blogs may be written by individuals, guests or groups of individuals. In business a blog can be an opportunity to post entries on:
- Promoting events and news
- Reflections on past events
- Share passion for innovative cloud services solutions
- Educate and share knowledge of cloud services technology
- Commentary in trends / topics in the industry
- Show casing new products
Posting on a regular basis is important to build up credibility. The content needs to be accurate, informative and written in a way that is going to engage with users.
There are many benefits of running a business blog
- Brand awareness – The more your customers and potential customers read about your company the more chance they have of remembering it. So when they come to need your services or products, your name is already in the frame!
- Gain an insight into your customers – allowing your customers and potential customers to comment on your blog will allow you to get a sense of how they react. The posts with the most comments will give you market research and information that you would not have before.
- To become an authority on a specific subject matter and build your online credibility Potential customers will be more than likely to purchase your product or service if you are seen as an authority on the subject matter.
- Search engine optimisation – search engines look for the regular addition of content on websites as one of their key criteria for search engine listings. Using a blog is not only good for credibility but is a quick and easy way to add content to a website. If the blog posts are around key phrases that people are searching, then the this will boost the ranking of the page. Commenting on other companies and people’s blog is a great way to get inbound links. Inbound links are another criteria Google looks at for ranking a website.
Blogging Training and Strategy
We run a 3 hour blogging training course with the team that will be running the blog. The aim of the training would be to give them the skills to build up the readership and interaction of the blog to build your reputation.
We will discuss the niche for your blog and the content strategy for the next few months.