Boosting your Facebook Fan Page Edgerank is imperative to ensuring you are maximising the reach of your page. Creating a content strategy that is ongoing and engaging is the key to this. BuddyMedia created a great PDF on ideas for content to boost your edgerank.
Here are 10 Top Tips to get your Facebook Fan Page ranking higher on it’s Edgerank:
1. Build campaigns that have regular frequent interaction, not just a big launch, it needs to be a continual drip of content
2. If your launching a new campaign, you need to boost your edgerank prior to the campaign to ensure you have the optimal exposure on your fans news feeds.
3. Ask questions and spark a debate – to boost your affinity. Plan a series of these to continue to build the edge rank
4. Run a trivia questions around your brand or campaign – people love to share their knowledge.
5. Run polls or questions to get people talking (creates great content for a blog post on the results as well).
6. Coupons / vouchers are a great way to boost your fans and interactivity. Use Woobox
7. Competitions – use competition to boost your discussion
8. Make the most of your high value content (videos and photos) to spark interactions
9. Email your existing customers – pointing them to the competition / question / vouchers – sign posting is a great way to build awareness
10. Tweet about the questions and post link on Twitter
11. Keep content fresh – content needs to be posted on a regular basis, with regular interactions to maintain your Edgerank
12. Ask users to share – explicitly ask people to share content on Facebook. Don’t do this all the time, as the effectiveness wears off.
13. Launch a Forum – Once you’ve got sufficient number of fans interacting, think about launching a forum
14. Don’t post too much – as it will clog up Fans news feeds and is the equivalent of spam. Posting once a day as maximum and at peak time is important
15. Results will not be immediate but will grow over time, so stay patient 🙂